Mold Inspection, Testing, and Remediation Servicing Houston & Surrounding Areas
Mold is comprised of microorganisms that grow and spread quickly; even a small mold colony can expand to many times its original size in a matter of days, causing widespread problems throughout your home. At Air Duct Express, we are dedicated to helping you achieve and maintain a healthy home environment with mold remediation, mildew removal, and air duct cleaning near Houston, The Woodlands, and Katy, TX.
Causes of Mold in the Home
Because mold is a serious threat to your home, your belongings, and your health, understanding its causes is an important way to prevent or minimize its effects. Professional mold remediation hinges on discovering the cause of the mold problem so it can be addressed in a comprehensive way.
- Moisture is one of two elements necessary for mold growth. Any ready source of moisture, including plumbing problems, roof leaks, standing water, a clogged AC condensate line, or even high humidity in your home can invite mold growth to occur. Identifying and eliminating plumbing problems quickly and using your ventilation fans and HVAC system properly to eliminate high indoor humidity are some of the best ways to prevent or limit mold growth in the home.
- Warm temperatures are another necessary component of mold growth. Using your air conditioner in the summer to keep your home cool and avoiding a temperature setting that is too high in the winter will make your home less hospitable to mold and mildew.
What Happens During Mold Remediation
Mold remediation is a process that involves several steps. During professional mold and mildew removal, both the immediate problem and its underlying cause are addressed.
- An inspection is performed to determine the full extent of the mold problem, as well as to identify its cause, such as a leak or high indoor humidity.
- Once the situation has been assessed, steps are taken to immediately resolve the cause of the mold and develop a mold remediation plan that will suit your needs.
- The mold removal plan is put into action—damaged areas and belongings are evaluated and removed or cleaned as necessary to completely eliminate the presence of mold in the home, while following the necessary steps to contain mold and mildew during removal to prevent its spread.
- Any areas of damage in your home are repaired or replaced to restore your home to its pre-mold state.
Whether you are seeking top-quality air duct services or professional mold remediation to eliminate a mold problem anywhere in your home, Air Duct Express offers the solutions you need near Houston. Please call us today for more information about mold and mildew removal to improve air quality in your home environment.
Request Your Free Estimate
We’re your certified air duct technicians in Houston. Get in touch with us today to get a free estimate to improve your indoor air quality.